The Connected Communities Heritage Network is pleased to announce that the AHRC has kindly agreed to fund the Network for a second year (until April 2015). I know I met some of you at the recent Connected Communities Festival in Cardiff but for those of you I missed, here is the latest Network news.
At the festival I gave a short presentation outlining plans for the second year. Here is a summary:
Heritage Network Phase 2 Aims – 2014-15
• To consolidate and extend the Network
• To develop web site content
• To include other (non CC) AHRC heritage projects e.g. Digital Transformations and heritage groups
• To liaise with AHRC CC leadership fellows, HLF and NCCPE
• To hold a second symposium at Sheffield in January 2015
• To produce an edited volume based on the symposium
The provisional date for the symposium is 16th January 2015, so please put this in your diary. I am hoping we will confirm the venue shortly.
I would also be grateful for your ideas on the following:
• Future direction of the Network?
• Improvements and new content for the Network’s web site?
• Themes and content for the second symposium?
I intend to send out the EOI for the January symposium shortly so any suggestions for themes and content much appreciated.
Have a great Summer break!
Nick Higgett firstname.lastname@example.org
The Connected Communities Heritage Network Presentation is available from the link below: