Call for Contributions
Engage Conference Bristol
2-3 December 2015
The NCCPE is delighted to announce details of our forthcoming Engage conference on the 2nd and 3rd December 2015 at the Marriott Royal Hotel in Bristol. We really hope you can to join us. We are particularly keen for contributions from participants in community university research partnerships. If you are keen to contribute to the conference read on to find out how.
Whilst Engage 2014 was a feast of engaged experiences exploring how to stimulate and inspire curiosity, Engage 2015 offers an opportunity to go deep into the dynamics of engaged research. We plan to tease out the dynamic relationship between engagement and impact, asking:
- How can researchers find better ways of involving people from outside academia in conceiving, shaping, producing and applying powerful research?
- Does such engagement actually create better research?
- How can we find reliable ways to describe the wider social benefits that engagement can create?
Drawing on cutting edge practice across the disciplines we will explore what we know about how to make engagement processes work really well, on a local, national or global stage.
- The conference will be built around in depth plenary conversations led by people pushing the boundaries of what is possible across a range of disciplines. Interwoven with their stories will be café-style conversations hosted by people working at similar frontiers of practice.
- Wrapped around the plenaries will be time out. These reflective sessions provide the opportunity to step back from your everyday practice and join conversations led by people doing exceptional work to make sense of engagement and impact.
- For delegates just getting started with engagement, we are running a series of training sessions, introducing you to the wonderful world of engagement, collaboration and evaluation.
- On Day 2 we will host a series of workshops, practical explorations of particular aspects of engaged practice led by experienced trainers and facilitators.
- To close Day 1 we will be running our ever popular poster party. One of the liveliest and most involving ways of meeting wonderful people doing extraordinary work over a drink and nibbles.
If you would like to contribute to Engage 2015 by being a table host, time out host, workshop host or poster host, then click here. The deadline for submissions is 7th September.